Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Victory and emotional detachment

I need a pep talk because I'm avoiding assignment 3. Bad news sucks and would rather give it in person. This is so challenging for me because I need to detach myself from this at a certain level so that I can deliver it. I'm taking this assignment to be real. I've also had some bad news to deliver at work where I had to be very objective in my writing. I know this is a weakness, but I will conquer.

If you go to Merriam Webster, conquer is defined as the following:

transitive verb
1
: to gain or acquire by force of arms : subjugate <conquer territory>
2
: to overcome by force of arms : vanquish <conquered the enemy>

3 : to gain mastery over or win by overcoming obstacles or opposition <conquered the mountain>
4 : to overcome by mental or moral power : surmount <conquered her fear>
intransitive verb

:
to be victorious


I want to conquer the "Bad News" territory; I will conquer this enemy; I've climbed countless mountains even though I have an acute fear of heights, so I will gain mastery over this "Bad News" writing; mentally, I can overcome my fear of "Bad News" writing; and I will be victorious!

I'm going in, with me luck!

1 comment:

Kate said...

You can do it, Linda! Bonne courage, ma chère!